Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Working with Resistance, Mars Opposite Pluto


Today is Tuesday, Sept 18, 2007 and I just got back from the gym. I admit it, I run on a treadmill even though the symbolism is not fabulous. It's convenient, I hang out with people in their 70's at the community college gym. In comparison, I look pretty great! I have to deal with my blood sugar crashing into hypoglycemia sometimes, but it all works out.
Speaking of working our muscles, in astrology the planet Mars is assigned to muscles and taking physical action. Currently Mars in Gemini (action to communicate) is opposite Pluto in Sagittarius (changes in philosophies, beliefs). This alignment is joined by the moon (emotions, public opinion) in Sagittarius tomorrow. This may lead to testy confrontations between people of differing beliefs. Reining in your need to over react to other people's actions will serve you well this week. Some people will respond by feeling tense or tired from dealing with muscle tension. Watch if you are holding too much tension and go take a walk, stretch, or even better find a way to laugh really loud. Release the resistance, sweat, laugh, choose to move differently. Slow down in traffic and let that speedster go around you.
When I woke up this morning my muscles were sore! I stretched and moaned a bit. For me this Mars & Pluto opposition is about where I show my power. I choose to laugh, value my health and let go of approval from others. This week I am learning to tell a joke for Toastmasters (terrifying if I need approval), working on staying healthy in spite of blood sugar challenges, and focusing on what I want now (contentment & joy).
Give yourself a foot massage, let something go that is stressing your muscles.
Namaste, Anne

1 comment:

Glenda Council Beall said...

Anne, I like your attitude about life and celebrating birthdays instead of crying over them. I am a bit older than you and recently began blogging. Most of my peers have no idea what I mean by a blog, but they are learning from me. I feel I began life very late - 55, and I have much to do to catch up on what I missed. My life is full, and I find that ageing has been terrific for me. I celebrate every day and I'm grateful.